#AskAntoinette: Favorite Home Decor Shops
Q: Where are some of the places you shop for clients that I can use to find great home decor accents & small pieces of furniture that are on-trend, great quality, and affordable?
A: I shop for home decor items just about anywhere! Where I actually buy them from depends on my intended use, expectation of the item's function, and the item's availability. Price only comes into play once I'm sure of how little (or how much!) work it will take for a piece to suit my needs.
Here's a list of some of my fave places to quickly snag furniture & finds:
1. Zara Home - Accent tables, accent chairs, bedding, vases, mirrors, kitchen, tabletop, coffee table books.
2. H&M - Vases, picture frames, throw pillows + blankets, tabletop, kitchen accessories.
3. Etsy - EVERYTHING!! Vintage items, re-purposed + restored furniture, fabric, rugs, pillows, custom/semi-custom textiles, art prints, etc.
4. Target - Accent furniture, lighting, tabletop, kitchen, bedding, throw pillows + blankets, capsule home decor collections.
5. World Market - Kitchen, tabletop, rugs, pillows, blankets, accent furniture, sofas, dining room tables, office decor.
6. CB2 - Tabletop, vases, frames, barware, glassware, stylish tech storage + board games, decorative trays + bowls.
7. Marshall's - All of the above! The only downside to shopping stores like Marshall's/TJ Maxx/HomeGoods is that the stock rotates and is never guarateed. The upside is that some of the stores on this list send samples + their overstock straight here so you get it for less...and sometimes in different colorways than you're used to seeing in big box stores!
8. Ikea - Here's where sweat equity comes into play. If it's small and easy to assemble, the price is almost always right. If it's larger and will be used often, I deep dive into the reviews to see if there are problems with quality and/or longevity.
9. Article - Sofas, chairs, tables, storage, outdoor, and decor.
10. Living Spaces - Sofas, chairs, beds, tables, throw pillows, decor items, rugs.